Dear IVERMEN Members,
Lots of excitement surrounding ivermectin for malaria control lately. An IVERMEN meeting was held at the 68th annual ASTMH meeting last November to update the community to ongoing ivermectin MDA trials. There are currently ivermectin MDA field trials funded and in the planning or execution stages in: The Gambia, Guinea Bissau, Burkina Faso, Tanzania, Mozambique, Senegal, and Thailand.
We have added several additional people to the mailing list as we felt your interest and support in ivermectin would warrant this, if you wish to be removed please let us know.
There have been numerous publications on ivermectin for malaria control of late including:
- Ivermectin Roadmap 2020 – Guidance document for research and policy on the development of ivermectin for malaria control
- Singh et al. 2020 – Laboratory investigation of ivermectin and ivermectin hybrids against liver (P. berghei) and blood stage (P. falciparum) efficacy of ivermectin and ivermectin hybrids
- Metzger et al. 2019 – Clinical trial investigating causal prophylaxis of ivermectin in P. falciparum infected humans
- Azevedo et al. 2019 – Laboratory investigation of ivermectin and avermectins against asexual and sexual stages of P. berghei
- de Carvalho et al. 2019 – Laboratory investigation of ivermectin against asexual and sexual stages of P. falciparum
- Atif et al. 2019 – Laboratory investigation of impact of ivermectin on An. gambiae glutamate-gated chloride ion channels
- Kobylinski et al. 2019 – Clinical trial investigating the safety, tolerability, pharmacokinetics, and mosquito-lethal efficacy against Greater Mekong Subregion Anopheles of ivermectin, dihydroartemisinin-piperaquine, and primaquine in healthy Thai volunteers
- Smit et al. 2019 – Clinical trial investigating mosquito-lethal efficacy of ivermectin when administered via direct skin feeding or membrane feeding in falciparum infect Kenyan volunteers
- Dreyer et al. 2019 – Field investigation on mosquito-lethal efficacy of ivermectin and fipronil treated cattle against wild An. albimimanus in Belize
- Siewe Fodjo et al. 2019 – Commentary on the potential impact of ivermectin mass drug administration for malaria control on onchocerciasis